If you are in business today then you will undoubtedly have a website. Websites are your link to your customers where you let them know what you do and where you are.
The problem that a lot of business owners face is that they are so busy running the business and they don’t have time to update their website. So as a result, often the content becomes stagnate and in desperate need of a refresh.
Websites, like all elements of your marketing plan, are an integral part of your marketing plan but if you haven’t updated your website in the last two or three years, chances are you may already be on your way to losing customers.
There is no better time than now to kick start the new year with a website health check. Check out the following
- Do you still know your customer. How have they changed in the last few years?
- Know the ins and outs of your website. Who are your visitors? Where do they come from? Is your site compatible with mobile phones?
- Always keep up to date with what are your competitors are doing?
- Make your site user-friendly and professional. What was the ‘latest’ two years ago is now out of date. Update photographs, client testimonials etc.
- Update your latest news or blogs. If it’s older than six months you may as well take it off.
- Make sure the website content is current – correct phone numbers, people, location etc – there is nothing more frustrating than looking up a business only to find it has moved two years ago.
- Revisit your SEO key words. What was once relevant may not be now.
- Put a Google map on your contact page so your customers can find you easier.
- Link your website to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In. Use other free resources like online directories.
And finally …
- Write new website content. Pleease. Nothing upsets a customer more than out-dated and unusable content.
At Four1One Marketing, we are experts at writing websites for our clients. Call Selina today on 0438 197 033 to find out how we can help keep your website current and professional.
Four1One Marketing provides marketing advice and guidance to help small to medium sized businesses carve out a niche in their marketplace. We can create an entire marketing campaign or manage a one-off project. But most importantly, we free up your time so you can focus on running the business.